Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunil A.K.A Arnold schwarzenegger..

I know it's been quite a long since I came back here. But, I am sure the delay is worthy now since this post will speak of a multi-faceted and a rather multi-lingual personality who belonged to our class. Appearance is deceptive. This holds true when it comes to Sunil. So, don't jump to conclusions just by glancing at the picture I've used. He is a person always surrounded by mysteries. Nobody knows what his hands are after but one can be sure he is always up to something. Everything he does looks futile. But, at the end of the day, you will have a boy who manages to pull up something interesting out of the bag. The reason why I called him multi-lingual is he not only speaks in languages which he is proficient in but also handles unknown languages with great ease, though you won't understand what comes out of his mouth. Even if it is going to be the language which he is totally accustomed to, believe me, you can easily keep a count of the meager number of words you can assume to have understood. This doesn't mean he is an intellectual talking about rocket science. If you have had any conversational experience with this brain-boy, you might understand what I am talking about. One of his traits which can never be forgotten is the way he speaks in our Thai mozhiyam Tamizh. He is uncontrollably too strict in following the language rules. Pauses and breaks are indispensable since they form the lifelines of a language. Although he looks lifeless in the class (I know I am not supposed to talk about this. I know. I know.:-P), he always wishes to add his fair share to the life of the language we speak. If you get a chance, start with a topic that gains his interest. The very next second you would find him start off with a jerk which might even break your bones if you ever attempt doing that. If you are still psychological stable, listen to the way he speaks his mind. You will find him talking not more three than words at a stretch. After that, he will take some rest for which he breaks the conversation for few seconds that might make you feel he is done with his part of the conversation. Wait! You're wrong! He has still got something to tell you. In fact, he has got more words for you. And obviously, more breaks. Don't interrupt him or you would have to listen to him forever! Let him speak. He has just put his mind to rest. There is nothing uncommon in finding people who watch their words. But, a human who watches each and every letter that comes out of his mouth can hardly be spotted. I found one in my class and that is Sunil. I've pretty good experiences working with him. Recently, we were working on some blogs and I was wondering what he was really trying to do. Later, I realized he is so much interested in web designing and stuff which were totally new to me and I am still a flat illiterate in this aspect. I even spent time on his sites which are customized parallel to his taste. They looked so professional. That is when I understood 'Appearances are deceptive'..:-P. He has really got stuff. He is one of those harmless boys in the class who can never take any stand in any of the groups in the class. Thus, it becomes easy for him to celebrate smooth relationships with everyone in the class. I've seen him many times preparing for the CAT test than for college examinations, which isn't surprising when you're an I.C.E student. There are speculations regarding him becoming a part of CTS which never put off the fire within this lion hearted language lopper. Some say the Interviewer who Sunil encountered went to a state of complete bewilderment after listening to what this boy replied and he had nothing on his mind while evaluating Sunil which went on to add to the advantage of Sunil. But, my assumption on this matter is that the interviewer would have known that all the flesh that was missing outside might be accumulated in his head. Sunil, don't worry. We're on the same boat.:-P I'll be going completely pointless if I don't talk about his batting skills in cricket. He will be our opening batsman for almost any match we play. I never knew he could bat well until I saw him playing. When we all started lauding him, his Cricketer mentality pulled him down from performing well after which he turned his attention to bowling. This was when we felt he performed comparatively well as a batsman. It's always better to forget the bitter part of the tale.:-P He is everything while playing cricket. He has been the umpire, the leg umpire, the batsman, bowler, keeper, fielder and even ball-boy. There is no role he hasn't played when it comes to cricket. And he voluntarily accepts to perform all these tasks. The best thing about his legs is that they start paining when we are the fielding side. But, the pain vanishes as soon as we start batting. This reflects his love for the game! His patience adds to his positives. He once wanted me to do a task and he kept pushing me for the next 10 days though the task was very small that it didn't take more than 10mins for me to complete it. He sounded the same in all those 10 days and he was never found slopping his temper around. In short, Sunil is highly expressive and lively when it is least required and totally lifeless at times when one should really be responding energetically. So you can always expect the unexpected when he is around you. He has done a great job by choosing a name similar to his character for one of his sites. Graviora Manent. Get in touch with him for the meaning. He quoted 'Danger Awaits' as its meaning. I don't know where he searches for such names which definitely a common man would not understand or would have heard of at all. After all, Sunil is all about confusing even the most stable people..:-P But still he is a youngster with weird ideas and concepts that might look meaningless now but would definitely be fruitful in the future. With what he is now, I can tell for sure he would be the master of his own world of creativity and innovation. :-)

No comments: